Monks and Crane are a subsidiary of the multi-national Würth Group of companies. They provide product distribution and a range of services to meet the needs of industry such as Maintenance Repair and Operational (MRO) services and the UK distribution of products from other subsidiaries of the Würth Group.
Monks & Crane began as file manufacturers trading in small premises in Redditch. During the 1920’s the business extended into hand tools and in the 1950’s expanded rapidly – opening offices throughout the UK and developing into the cutting tool market. In 1990 Würth GmbH, the world’s market leader in its core business, the trade in assembly and fastening materials, acquired the company and began the re-organisation of the business in order to place it as the ‘first choice’ for Industrial Buyers. The Würth Group currently consists of more than 400 companies in over 80 countries and has more than 65,000 employees on its payroll.